High Temperature Mold Change for Plastics, Rubber, Duraplastics and More
M-TECS Magnetic clamping technology
ROEMHELD provides RIVI M-TECS magnetic clamping plates for different sectors of industry, including thermoplastics, elastomers, duroplastics, polyurethane, die casting, and metal forming. With M-TECS magnetic clamping systems, hot mold changes can be completed in just a few minutes and clamped in seconds.
Innovative Magnetic Clamping Technology
The product range “M-TECS” stands for magnetic clamping technology. With this magnetic clamping system, users are receiving unparalleled advantages including:
• standardized molds are not required
• height of clamping edge and mold shape is not necessary
• shorter downtimes, lower setup costs
• increased productivity
• clamping in barely accessible positions without any problems
• no reduced clamping surfaces
• process monitoring and thus absolute safety
• clamping force on the complete surface of the mold
• clamping with no deformation of the base plate
• reduced maintenance costs
M-TECS Magnetic Platens utilize long-pole technology which incorporates double magnets to increase clamping force. The time to change molds of different sizes can be as quick as a minute and does not require retooling. The technology of magnetic clamping plates is based on the principle of an electro-permanent magnet which means that it remains safely clamped even in the event of a power failure. Electrical power is only needed for 2 to 3 seconds to clamp and magnetize or to unclamp and demagnetize the die. Once in operation, the magnetic platens no longer need any power.
Scroll through the chart below for the magnetic clamping product matching your industry and application, along with technical specifications and product datasheets.
for sheet metal forming
for the plastic industry
for M-TECS magnetic clamping systems
for the rubber and Duroplast industry
Additional Information Below:
Magnetics for O-Ring Production
The magnetic clamping systems are perfectly suited for production of O-rings. The full surface dynamic effect clearly enhanced the rigidity of the dies which are most fairly flat. The full-surface dynamic effect clearly enhanced the rigidity of the dies
which are mostly fairly flat. The full-surface contact between the die and the magnetic page (magnetic heating plate) increased temperature homogeneity which has a positive effect on production quality. Die change is a matter of just a few minutes. M-TECS magnetic plates can be fitting to existing heating plates or supplied with integral heating.
- Full surface dynamic effect
- Full surface temperature distribution (no t-slots)
- enhanced production quality
Magnetics for Large Machines
500 ton vertical press with machine bed 2000x1000mm (78.74×39.37″)
Application temperatures up to 240°C (464°F)
Particularly in the range of large machines, M-TECS provides abundant power. A plate of 2000x1000mm (78.74″x39.37″) for instance will yield up to 1000 kN (100 tons).
Upon request, this value may be either increased or reduced to suit specific requirements
Magnetics on Small Machines
The magnetic heating plate has a size of 300x300mm (11.81×11.81″).
It is used when dies with a diameter greater than 120mm (4.72″) are clamped. The M-TECS concentration effect is of benefit especially for small dies.
Excellent power even for smallest application.
Magnetics on Machines Without Crossbeam
- Freely selectable geometry
- As an option with integral heating
- Heating control using the press controls
- Two-layer insulation toward the machine bed
- Uncomplicated and easy installation
The magnetic clamping systems may be universally used and are very flexible in terms of design. Horizontal and vertical installation in machines with or without cross beam, with integral heating or fitted to existing heating plates. Dies for the production of O-rings are mostly flat, and their rigidity is, in most cases, clearly enhanced when using magnetic plates. The penetration depth is only 15 – 20 mm (.59-.79 inches).
Brushes or metal inserts are not impaired by the magnetic field.
Magnetics on Vertical IM Presses
For vertical machines with a small heating plate, the following factors play a major role:
- Max. power on a small surface
- Integral safety system
- Interface with the machine
- M-TECS magnetic clamping systems offer outstanding power even on the smallest surfaces.
The M-TECS 240 system is designed with a double magnet and offers outstanding concentration of the magnetic field thanks to the patented long pole technology.
Therefore, maximum safety can be achieved by selecting a magnetic clamping system to perfectly suit the machine.
Magnetics for Elastomer Processing
With M-TECS 240, you gain several hours at each die change.
- Clearly reduced set-up times
- No heating or cooling down in the press
- Dies are clamped in a matter of seconds simply by pressing a button
- Clearly increased annual machine capacity
Safety & comfort
- 100% safe even in the case of power failure
- Complete with safety system
- Shorter time in the hot area, less burns
- Full metal surface
- All-over magnetic force, therefore optimum contact of die and magnetic heating plate
- No insulating T-slots
- Enhanced temperature homogeneity in the mold
- Less die wear
- Less rejects