Threaded-Body Work Supports
spring extended or fluid/air advanced
- manifold mounting capability allows space-saving low-height installation.
- available in the four versions Spring Extended, Fluid Advanced, Air Advanced, Fluid Advanced, Double Acting
- adjust to the proper height for supporting a workpiece, then lock securely to become fixed rests
- provide extra loading clearance and are ideal for workpieces that are too light to depress a spring-loaded plunger.
Threaded-Body Work Supports are amazingly compact. Manifold mounting capability allows space-saving low-height installation. Available in the four versions shown below:
- Spring Extended
- Fluid Advanced
- Air Advanced
- Fluid Advanced, Double Acting
Plunger is normally retracted for clear workpiece loading and unloading. Applying air pressure gently advances the plunger to the workpiece, where it contacts with light force. A Fine Air-Pressure Regulator, Air Extractor Dryer, and Air Clamping Valve are required for air control (see Related Products below). Fine-tune contact force using the air regulator. When fluid pressure is applied, the precision sleeve grips the plunger, locking it securely. The plunger retracts again when fluid pressure and air pressure are released. These Work Supports can also be used as “Air Extended” supports by leaving air pressure constantly on.
|Document Title||Language||File Type|
In this example, the workpiece is supported by three fixed rest buttons and three self-adjusting Work Supports. Supports and Edge Clamps are all manifold mounted, so the fixture has no exposed fluid lines to trap chips.
The optional mounting base adds 10mm to the Work Support’s overall height.